Did you know….In the U.S. nearly 400,000 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system? Over 100,000 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.
Help me to honor adoptive families.
Home is where your story begins…But children waiting for their “forever home” may feel their story will never begin. As a mother of two beautiful children adopted from foster care, I understand the joys and struggles that come with adoption. As a photographer, I understand and greatly appreciate the value of documenting family-life and the love they share for each other. However, not everyone has the ability to make professional family pictures a priority.
So it is with these both in mind that I start thinking about how I can give back and honor other families who choose to grow their families through adoption and to honor National Adoption Day, which is November 22, 2014.
I am excited to announce that I will give one adoptive family a “Home for the Holidays” photo session. This could be an in-home session documenting their family holiday traditions or a local on-site family session.
So where do you come into this process? I am asking you, my friends, family, colleagues, and fellow photographers to think about families you know who are currently in the process of adopting or have adopted within the past year and to nominate them to receive a photo session with me.
Here is what you need to do!
Write a short paragraph or two explaining why the family should be honored with a photo session and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your nomination must include the following information:
- Names of adults in the family
- The number of children
- Contact information for the family (email, phone number, city/state)
- Are they currently in the process of adoption or has the adoption been finalized? If finalized, when?
- Any other details that you think might help me make my decision.
- Your name and contact information.
Please respect the families’ privacy and do not leave comments in any public forum.
- Submissions must be received by midnight November 18.
- The recipient family will be chosen exclusively by me. I will contact the winning family by phone or email.
Now start nominating because I can’t wait to read all of your entries!
You knew the fine print was coming….
- The recipient of the photo session will win a free session (up to three hours) with Lisa Anderson Photography, as well as a gallery of digital images from the session (with print release) along with a selection of prints to be decided upon after consultation with the winner.
- You cannot nominate yourself but you can share this contest announcement with others.
- The winner will be selected by me. I may ask friends and family for input.
- Nominated families must live within 35 miles to zip code 01749 or be willing to travel to the area.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight November 18.
- The winning family will be announced by November 22 (National Adoption Day).
- Session must take place between December 1, 2014, and April 30, 2015.
- Session cannot be traded and does not carry any cash value.
- Anyone submitting a nomination is entitled to a special discount of 25% off on any session scheduled for themselves within 12 months following the conclusion of giveaway.
Remember: The nomination deadline is midnight November 18.
Photo Credit: Jamie Wexler (adoption of our son in 2009 and our daughter in 2010).